10.26.2009

I Do Realize...

that I'm a little behind. I have a good excuse...swine flu. Yeah, that's right. Swine flu. Jack and I went down to Las Vegas to avoid the outbreak in Utah only to get it in Vegas. I have the worst luck. I started getting sick on a Saturday during a walk with Jack. I decided to leave that day because it's just always nice to be in your own bed when you're sick. On Sunday, I felt a little better. On Monday, I thought, "Oh, this was just some little head cold. No biggie." Wrong! On Tuesday, I told myself that if this flu didn't kill me I would take care of it myself. Yes, it's that bad. My sister in law, Erin, was so great and skipped class to watch Jack so I could go to the doctor. She ended up watching him for most of the day. Thank you, Erin. It was so good to get some uninterrupted sleep. The good news is that I feel better than I did a week ago. The bad news is that the symptoms usually last up to 3 weeks. The coughing is exhausting. The headaches are cringing. And I'm afraid if I blow my nose one more time it's going to come off. Sick, I know. Luckily, Jack has been a trooper. He will lay down with me and rub my back. He sings me songs about me getting better...he's a few lyrics, "mommy, get better. you are my hunshine (sunshine). I don't like it when you are sick. Go to doctor and take your eddison (medicine). I love you, mommy. You are my gurl." They don't make them any better than that!
Anyway-Vegas! We had fun up until we got sick. They put Jack to work right away! He helped Grandpa throw all the weeds in the trash and helped scrub Grammy's floor. He kept asking for "Jack's sprayer!" He's a funny kid. Oh, and I can't forget about Mario Karts! OH MY GOSH!! He just wants to sit and watch someone play. He has to be Bowser every time and only wants the "hot" (the car with flames) car. Whenever Aunt Kaity was doing her homework, Jack insisted on doing his too.
Grandpa took him to the pumpkin patch. It was pretty cool. They had several rides just for the little kids. Jack loved it.
-lovin on Gracie







-Mario Karts



-cleaning the floors




-One of Danny's old outfits. So cute!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Cute boy! Hope you are feeling better. That sucks that you got the swine flu on vacation!