9.04.2009

Yowza!!

Little boy had 4 pulpotomies.
I'm not a bad mom, I swear! We brush. Maybe not religiously. But, we brush. Plus, Jack loves to have his teeth flossed. I swear dentists just make cavities at check ups. (kidding-my father in law is a dentist. he checked it out too) Because of Jacks age they had to put him under anesthesia. I was f.r.e.a.k.i.n.g out to say the least. I even went and got a second opinion. He gave me the same answer. Blah! I decided to go with the doctor who gave me the second opinion...Dr. Chamberlain. He is amazing! I felt calm the second we walked into his office. Everyone was great.
So, I scheduled Jack's surgery for August 31 at 9:15 am. He couldn't get eat or drink anything after midnight. Perfect! He sleeps in until then anyway.
Oh, but then I got a call saying he was being bumped to 12:45 pm!! No food after midnight and only clear liquids until 8 am. Hello! Got a 3 year old here who loves to eat. I was very mad. I decided to let him stay up for as long as he could so he would sleep in late the next morning. He made it to 1 am and woke up at 9 am. Plan failed. It broke my heart when he asked to eat or for something to drink. We had to be at the surgical center by noon. When we got there I was told they were running on time. Liars! Try over an hour behind. It was frustrating. By this point, he was scared and ready to leave. I kept telling him he was going to go get his super hero teeth. He didn't want them anymore. He wanted chicken. Sad! They finally came and got him and he was so so brave. He looked incredibly scared but didn't cry when he left me. After he was out of site I lost it. He did amazing though!






Trying to pull an all-nighter before the big day!

Waiting to go back to yet another waiting room.


Showing off our "tickets" to the "ride" that will take us to get our super hero teeth.


Bored and Hungry


Getting very antsy at this point.





The "ride"




Both very nervous right now.





They had me wait in the recovery room. The second he woke up they brought him to me. I'm not going to lie it was scary. He was shaking like crazy, his eyes were buggin out and he was screaming. I thought he was going to go into convulsions. He was just very disoriented. It was scary for him too. He had no clue what was going on either.





We went home and he slept for several hours. When he woke up he wanted 2 bagels, a quesadilla and a big tall giant water. That was his only request.
He was back to normal after eating. You would have had no idea he even had any work done.
I am so proud of Jack for being so brave!!
Love you, Little Boy!!

No comments: