6.26.2008

This Can't Be Normal

I'm just all sorts of confused. I watched my nephews tonight so my sister and her husband could dine up at Sundance. Anyway, around 9 o'clock my nephew, Reiss, came to me and told me he wanted to go to bed. What the? I'm thinking, hello you're 3 years old! You're supposed to be crying because you DON'T want to go to bed.

The following is how our conversation went.

Reiss: TJ, I want to go to bed.
Me: Uh, one more time in my good ear.
Reiss: TJ, I want to go to bed.
Me: Don't you want chocolate or something?
Reiss: No. TJ, I want to go to bed.
Me: Come on, TJ will get you a treat.
Reiss: TJ, I want to go to bed.
Me: Um, Okay. (Weird-O)

I put him in bed and he's out! I mean, the second his head touched the pillow, he was out.

Maybe he's not a weird-o. Maybe I was just jealous because while Reiss was sleeping, my kid was doing this...watching Caden play a hotwheels game on the computer. I don't think Jack even blinked. Seriously.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow that is crazy! You got lucky! Is he sick? I hope not Isabel was with him earlier! JK Looks like you have the magic touch!

Anya said...

Ummm....hello? Did she pick that kid up at some "good baby factory" that I was unaware of?